SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

Does anyone have a really deep vanity?

aliris19
11 years ago

I have to put a vanity into a master bath that's been sitting, done - ABV - for nearly two years now. DH is not happy but I just cannot get any vision or inspiration for this space. It is driving me absolutely nuts.

Can anyone help out?

The room is not huge but I don't have measurements just now. I will try to describe the layout. There is an entrance door in the middle of the short wall of a rectangle. To the left along the left wall is the toilet (there's a slight jog in the wall so the toilet is a little out of sight of the open door) and then along the further edge of that left wall is the tub. Straight across from the door is a window and then there is an open, deep wall to the right. As I recall the depth (from doorway to right wall) is about 30" and length is about 100". There is a single water source plumbed into the wall at about 30" from wall that adjoins the door-wall.

Does that even make any sense?

So I have to fashion a vanity along this right-wall. The room is fairly dark and the stone and tile I have in there is dark greyish travertine and the like.

I like the look of these tall towers or hutches that are built in to the vanity, but I don't know how I could incorporate that. If I put it close to the door I think it will loom and close in the room a lot. But anywhere else and I'm afraid it would just feel silly.

I don't think we need more than one sink; it's just more to clean. I have a square undermount kohler sink I like very much, about 17" x 19".

I guess my question is, if it's possible to tell from this description: would a tower along the right wall down by the door be too overpowering in such a space? Usually these tall towers seem to be set back across the space from a doorway, not be right next to what you walk into. If that right??

Sorry for the amorphous question.... any and all thoughts appreciated all the same!

Comments (4)