SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bahacca_gw

How many SEEDS should I plant?

bahacca
13 years ago

I'm new to germinating seeds. I know weather is ok here for growing as I had about 20 volunteer tomatoes in my neglected compost area. I filled 8 small pots and put 4 seeds in each pot-spread out from one another so roots don't get too tangled if they do sprout and grow. I'm keeping these outside. They are undercover tongiht as it is supposed to rain, but after that I'll move them to the south side garden area and the SE side place where the pots/earthtainers will be so they grow accostomed to their actual "growing homes". I do NOT have the ability to grow inside unless it is in my east facing window of my kitchen-I know this is less than ideal and, in the 1 year I did do seedlings, produced the leggiest seedlings worthy of being in the ZZ Top video. I'd like to have 2 plants of each of my 8 varieties of seeds I have this year. Do you think 4 seeds of each variety is enough, or should I do some paper cups in the window and as soon as they sprout, move them outside? We RARELY get frost here, so that isn't really an issue.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville