SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisainpa

Stainless Steel Appliances - Choosing a Brand

LisaInPA
10 years ago

Hi! I'm new to posting in the forum but have been learning a lot from reading previous posts. My fiance and I are building a 2,300 square foot home with an open floor plan where the kitchen is open into a large breakfast nook and family room area. We are not sourcing our appliances through the builder due to their inflated costs. We have been to Lowes and Home Depot as well as several local appliance stores numerous times. We are trying to decide which brand to go with, and we are starting with the French door refrigerator. Our first choices right now are Samsung and LG. I really dislike Samsung's stoves and microwaves, however. The dishwasher really can be any brand because it is in the island and not facing outward. The refrigerator will be in the back "corner" of the kitchen not facing outward, next to the entry door from the kitchen to the dining room. I'm thinking about going with the Samsung fridge, and then doing a different brand for the stove, microwave and dishwasher. Would that be odd? I know I have to pay attention to whether the finishes match, but there seems to be several other brands that would coordinate. We would like to keep the cost of the fridge at $2000 or less (on sale), and over 25 cubic feet. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments (16)