SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
basilcat_gw

Newborn crying at nightq

basilcat
20 years ago

Hello. My husband and I have lived in a 38-story high rise apartment building for a year and a half. Our one-bedroom apartment is great -- extremely spacious for what we pay with all of the extras that make life so much easier. However, the building is terribly constructed, so noise has always been an issue for us. We've grown accustomed to constantly hearing our neighbors moving around or talking or watching television, and only ask them to keep it down when we feel it has become excessive.

Unfortunately, our next door neighbors just had a baby about a week ago. They live in a one-bedroom apartment, and their bedroom wall is shared with our bedroom wall. They put the baby's crib right next to this shared wall. As babies are wont to do, this one cries all through the night, so not only are the parents kept awake, we are as well. We've already rearranged our bedroom so our bed is now against the wall furthest from theirs, but this didn't help much. I know babies will be babies, but I'm very frustrated by the fact that I'm not getting much sleep! My husband and I have made the conscious decision not to have children, and I am angry that their decision is having such an impact on my life. I am hesitant to complain to our neighbors or to management because noise from babies and children is often viewed differently than noise from adults. Other than moving our bed into the living room, does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this situation? Thanks!

Comments (22)

Sponsored