SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bandjo97_gw

Dacor vs Elux vs Viking vs Kitchen Aid?

bandjo97
12 years ago

Looking for a double electric wall oven. 30".

I realize these questions have been asked before, but boy-oh-boy, between the posts and the salesmen, I'm more confused.

Our little 24" single Maytag is finally breaking down.. yay!

We love to cook & bake. These are our wishes:

- easy glide racks

- good lighting

- no need for lots of "bells and whistles"... I don't need the oven to tell me how to cook my prime rib or turkey. ;p

- convection

- solid customer svc/warranty work

- of course need even cooking/baking performance!

We started out liking the Viking, but heard a lot of negative reviews regarding cust svc, etc... and the price!

Moved on to the Elux (E30EW85GPS) and so far that is really appealing, however have not been able to see one in person.

The Dacor Millenia (DO230SS) caught our attention, but once again, haven't seen this particular model in person.

It seems that each sales person has their own opinion of what the "best oven" is. The guy last night was on the verge of getting us to give up our credit card for a deposit on the Viking... (VEDO5302SS) not quite ready for that.

The same sales guy dissed the Elux and then said Kitchen Aid was almost "low-end".

Another sales guy from the same appliance store said Kitchen Aid was the best oven and mostly sold those. So that got me thinking about the KA as well.

It's hard to find some consistency.

If anyone has any experience with these ovens, I'd love to hear it. Any bit of info helps....

Thanks so much!!

Comments (8)