SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chipshot_gw

Outdoor Gas Grills, KitchenAid vs. Lynx

chipshot
15 years ago

I saw a KitchenAid outdoor gas grill that impressed me and after a little digging discovered that it was manufactured by Lynx (which I have read about a bit but not yet seen). I'm looking for opinions about the KichenAid grills and how they compare to similar size Lynx models.

Differences I have noted between the two (besides price - Lynx is a lot more expensive) include cast brass burners on the Lynx (which poster Guadalupe said rust from the inside out) vs. stamped burners on the KitchenAid, fixed ceramic briquettes on the Lynx vs. steel baffles on the KitchenAid, and hood assist on the Lynx vs. none on the KitchenAid.

Our will be a natural gas installation, so we will be reliant on the installer to perform the conversion (I don't believe either brand offers specific natural gas models). Having read the threads found by a search for Lynx, I learned that Alfresco, DCS, and Firemagic grills also have fans here so I will also investigate them.

To think, I was just going to go with another Weber (although my wife was planning to purchase a Viking as a surprise). How was I to know how much was available? And I naively thought I was out of the woods after selecting our kitchen and laundry room appliances.

Comments (13)