SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pavaughn_gw

Live in smoke allowed building neighbor complaining

pavaughn
16 years ago

I moved 6 weeks ago into a complex that allows smoking, nothing in lease re smoking except that it is "discouraged". Managment knows I smoke, and also that I have tried to quit. Live in San Diego county. My neighbor upstairs has complained to the manager and come to my door twice, knocking then ringing the bell. I did not answer the door the 2nd time. I am a nervous wreck already; he and his son are very noisy above me and I can't sleep and left work twice last week due to anxiety attacks. I feel I am being harassed by him in my face regarding something that is not in the rules. I don't know where he gets off trying to make me do something that is not in the lease. I cannot live in this discord, and am going to move. I will lose my $1000 deposit, and have to bear the expense of moving again. I am furious, but so wiped out, I don't know what to do but move out. I feel like getting a restraining order against him, but again, I can't stand the fighting. I have two chronic illnesses that are now worse from the stress and I have moved into anxiety attacks. I can't even have peace in my own 700 sq. foot $1200 a month apt. I am moving to Wyoming....

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH