SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethruan

My downstair neighbor complains about walking.

bethruan
7 years ago

My apartment is on the second floor of the building. I have lived in my units for ten years with my sister and we never had any complain about noises coming from my units. My downstairs neighbor moved in about 2 or 3 months ago and starts complaining that we are walking too loud. They even start saying that sometimes it's too loud to the point the their light fixture starts to shake. My whole apartment is carpeted and my sister and I are not a heavy walker.

Just to be clear, I am 5'2" and weight 100 lbs, and my sister is 5'2" and weight around 105 lbs. I don't see how their light fixture can start to shake from the noise unless we are jumping around or purposely stomping around. Last night, they even call the apartment securities to complain about the noise when we are about to go to bed. The first time they complain through the HOA office and last night was the second time they complain. When the security officer arrived he asked as to keep it down so we ask the security keep it down on what. Then he saw our TV is on and about to say TV sound then he realized that our TV sound is so low that he cannot even hear it from the door. Since the security officer and I couldn't figure out what the noise complain was we went and spoke with our downstair neighbor. The downstair neighbor said we are walking too loud to the point that they woke up (it is around 10pm at that time). She went to get her partner to speak with us but her partner was still a sleep and cannot even get up from the bed to speak. I do not know how to deal with these. This is the first time we get complain about anything since we move to this apartment 10 years ago. I really don't want to have any conflict with my neighbors. Any suggestion will be helpful. Thanks.

Comments (9)

Sponsored