SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timangel

Noisy Neighbor or Poor Construction?

timangel
17 years ago

I have a problem with an upstairs neighbor. I have filed complaints twice and have been told if they receive anymore complaints they WILL be EVICTED. This sounds great.. the management is working with me nicely. After the first complaint the noise got much worse and music started late at night. I recorded everything and noted I was being woken up 3-5 time a week. I made the second complaint written with all the notes and the nights got quiet again. I was told that they received a notice of noise complaint and who from and the consequence would be eviction for anymore complaints. A couple weeks later my vehicle is blocked in by a large truck and boat. My husband honked the horn until someone came out to move it and it happened to be our upstairs neighbor. He said he was willing to work with us but I got the feeling from his tone and body language that is was a gesture and felt more like he was saying "gotta a problem?' A week later the music starts and the familiar rythmic squeaking. This is when I noticed the poor quality of the apartments. After the sqeaking stops, footsteps toward the bathroom... I actually heard the lightswitch turn on, then the toilet seat go up or down and pretty much everything. So I'm not getting sleep. Its 3am. i can't live with the noise but it isn't completely fair to the people above to be evicted if part of the fault is with the apartments. What to do?

Comments (6)

Sponsored