SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cruzmisl

Need suggestions on new wall oven. Any advice?

cruzmisl
13 years ago

Hi All,

I am researching a new 30" wall oven to replace my 15yr old Figidaire. The Frigidaire has been rock solid during that time and bakes remarkably well for the class of oven.

My criteria for a new oven are (in no order) temperature accuracy, good lighting, roller shelves and maybe a temperature probe. It has to be stainless too.

My budget is around $3K or below. I was considering the Elux Icon since it looks good, is the cheapest (always nice to save money) and seems to get good reviews. Anyone know the differences between the standard Elux and Icon aside from the handles?

Next on my list was the DCS. I figured since CI uses it, its probably good. Trouble for me is the capacity is low (3.5cu/ft) and its $1K more than the Elux.

Last option was the Thermador. Capacity is great, it looks good and is priced in between the other two. However according to my research its a repair prone brand. I don't want any issues and have to pay for service once the warranty runs out. I'm not sure those claimes are founded but it must be taken into consideration.

So, any suggestions on which way to go or can you suggest any other brands I should take a look at?

Thanks!

J.

Comments (5)