SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hiddeninthemist

Question

hiddeninthemist
17 years ago

Hi all Happy 4th, Well I have posted here before and I'm in need of some HELPFUL advice. Remember the tenants above me I was having issues with since then we have decided to break the lease and leave. The landlord has no clue on whats going on here in this building and probadbly dosent care, oh well. My husband spoke with the landlond about the same situation we been having with the tenants up stairs. He told her what was occuring and that he wanted to break his lease she told him that her lawyers and accountants dont suggest for her to break her lease, is this true? We asked how many ppl live upstair cause we hear lots of noise she told us 2 and he was like NO there is more than 2 ppl there and that we were told an old couple live upstairs. Must be visitors she said, he told her will if it is visitors they are there all the time blasting the music, noise, she told my hudsband she'll take care of it and that she'll get back to him. Well the kid is still there SO who wins? we got a letter in the mail showing the landlord indeed sent them a letter but we dont know what she told them, I think she want to evict them but I'm not sure. BUT we had enough. I'm afraid we might have to go to court over this. We just rather leave and she want to keep us here in hell, No way! I cant live like this everytime I think its gonna get better and give living here a chance something happens. Its not worth it.

I am going to call her myself and give her our notice. Should I send her a letter also that way I have some proof in court. I am going to tell her there is still noise and we want to break the lease no ifs or butts, We are going to pay July rent and August and she can have our deposit. Do you think we should offer 2 months and the deposit so she can find new tenates. What can I do without this turning ugly? We just want to leave! Thanks

Comments (7)

Sponsored