SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aspen75

Oven cabinet questions, questions

aspen75
3 years ago

Hi,

I'm planning cabinetry for a new kitchen and have a question. I'm debating having a double wall oven cabinet 26" deep at the end of a run of 24" deep base cabinets--both for visual interest and so the countertop will run right into the cabinet. I am buying full overlay frameless cabinets (Ultracraft). If I have a base cabinet with doors (rollouts behind) right next to the 2" deeper oven cabinet, would I technically need a thin filler between the base cabinet and the oven cabinet so that door can open (as one would need if the base cabinet run was ending at a wall)? Or, is the only-2"-deep-wall formed by the oven not deep enough to cause a problem opening the door? Adding a drawing for clarity.

Additional question under picture.

I also have another question. (I don't really want to add filler above if it's needed, and so am also exploring using a 24" deep cabinet, which the KD wants me to). The oven I would like to get has a 23.5" cutout depth listed in the installation instructions. The KD assures me that all wall ovens are made to fit in 24" deep oven cabinets (and that is the standard depth she uses), and she has no doubt the GE I've picked would not be an exception. She says the cutout depth is the depth needed from the front face of the cabinet to the back of the cutout. Well, for a 24" cabinet with a 5/8" thick back wall, the cutout can't be deeper than 24 minus 5/8 = 23.375", which is less than 23.5". She says I'm overthinking it and she's never had one not fit. Hmm. What am I missing?

Thank you!

Comments (6)