SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
t_crosson

Tenant rights

T.Crosson
11 years ago

So, I am very frustrated with my landlord. Can anyone tell me if a landlord can enter your home whenever they feel like it without giving a notice. Let me explain the situation. I moved into my apt in October 2011. My landlord did not want any pets living on his property. I had a dog that was very well behaved and we were and still are very attached to her. I spoke with the landlord and asked him if he will make an exception and allow my dog to live in the apt. He agreed with the stipulation that I would have to pay a monthly pet fee of 100.00. And after 1 year with the dog living in the apt he would inspect the apt and if there were no dog damages he would give me half of my money back. Well as of last month my dog moved with my son. I informed my landlord that my dog no longer lived in the apt and we agreed that we would meet today 7/10/12 @ 5pm so that he could walk through to check for damages and to probably verify that my dog was no longer there. Well I was late getting home from work. I got home aroun 515. My landlord calls and tells me that he was already at my apt and he went in and did the walk through. I did not give him permission to enter my apt. I really feel violated. I am a VERY private person and I don't like anyone in my home when I am not there. That's why I scheduled the time for 5pm. I was very upset with my landlord and told him he should not of entered my apt. His response was he can enter my apt whenever he wants to and that he will be back tomorrow at 5pm and enter it again and there is nothing I can do about. What if I were home but in the shower and didn't hear him knocking and when I get out he's inside my apt??????? Is there really nothing I can do? Can he do this? Do I have any rights?.

Comments (8)

Sponsored