SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

GE Monogram Advantium 120

flseadog
16 years ago

I'm new to this forum although I have been lurking for awhile in anticipation of finally getting a new kitchen. The appliances in my current kitchen were old when we moved in 21 years ago and now the appliance repairmen are younger than the machines they are repairing. We've been limping along with a Tappan over/under range with a microwave on top and a small toaster oven. Because I live in Florida and heat is an issue, I cook in the microwave a lot, everything from shrimp pate and poached pears to chili and chicken gumbo.

From reading the posts here I have no doubt that the advantium can handle all of these things quicker and better than my antique Tappan. However, not much has been said about the broiling and toasting capabilities of the 120. An earlier post asked the same question but it wasn't really answered in any depth. Since we are now empty nesters I'd like not to fire up a huge oven to broil two tiny fish fillets or to top brown a vegetable casserole.

Any insight advantium 120 owners have would be helpful. Also, I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed just reading posts over the past few months---lots of laughs and solid information---I couldn't ask for anything better.

Comments (2)