SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
art_junkie

Moving to my first apartment, pet questions!

art_junkie
13 years ago

Hello!

My name is Meg, and I'm an art student. I currently live in a house off campus with six (yes, six) other girls. After dealing with a year of one bathroom, three dogs, and no parking, I've finally landed a job where I can afford to live on my own.

I am taking my six pound dog to a small one bedroom apartment. This apartment has wall to wall carpeting, which my dog has never seen before. (Hardwood is all she's ever had). I'm planning on moving in with plenty of pet clean up substances just in case. Should I also purchase a small rug shampooing unit? I am paying a $300 non refundable pet deposit, but I don't want to leave the place a dump, and would prefer to renew my lease so I can stay until I finish my degree.

My concern is this: I will be moving to an upstairs apartment. I want to make sure I do not bother my new neighbors. I keep my dog's nails trimmed (so no click clacking in the kitchen or bath, the only tiled areas) and I really don't let her romp around in the house now. But I can not know that she won't get a spurt of energy and run around in circles. She is crated when I am gone longer than two hours. Sometimes she barks to be let out/walked, although she is not too loud.

My other problem is that I rely heavily on my videogames as a stress reliever, and also for homework. (I am a video game design major) Now, I don't have a surround sound system or anything, but I do play for several hours every night. (ranging in everything from music games to first person shooters)

How should I broach this subject of possible noise with neighbors? Should I wait until they complain?

I also come and go at odd hours. (I am up every morning at 5 to let the dog out, feed her and myself, and then off to work/classes for six hours, home, dinner, gym, back to school to work on projects) Again, should I pre-warn my neighbors?

I want to be the best possible tenant/neighbor possible, as I really love the location, and amenities of this complex. (Dog park on site!)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting