SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz_h_gw

Advice needed - sale of danish modern dining set

liz_h
15 years ago

The set consists of a drop-leaf extension table, 1 armchair and 5 side chairs. One of the chairs is broken, but DH can repair. The top will be re-worked a bit, removing the last of the finish with a finishing pad and denatured alcohol, then rubbing a tung-oil finish.

The first picture shows the table with the center leaf. The 2nd has the table pulled open to show the room for 2 more leaves (which I don't have). The table is quite compact with the end leaves down.

I'd appreciate anything you could tell me about this set. There is no label or marking to indicate manufacturer. From the construction, I assume that it is US or Canadian made, not Scandinavian. The very last pic shows the bottom of an identical chair, just to show you the construction.

I'm not sure whether to just list this on CL as is, or to go ahead and fix it up - which would be about 2 days worth of work for DH, mainly regluing the chairs. Have considered selling on eBay, but don't really want to fool with shipping. There is also a local store which sells mid-century modern that would be interested.

Any thoughts?

Comments (8)