SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kerry_musician

renters rights

kerry_musician
16 years ago

I would like to know what my rights as a tennant are. My landlord hired me to do certain things around the building of which I have always done. When he asked me to do things not included on the list, I have always accommodated him with no pay. I have helped him with projects without pay just to be kind.

He has asked myself and my roomate to put up with tennants he refuses to evict when they have not complied with rules of the building repeatedly. He has asked us to just tolerate their actions and other things about them till they just move out on their own.

He has been doing this to us for 3 years. And we have always complied. I have asked him if he can evict the tennants doing damage and illegal activities andhe just tells us no, his hands are tied..and to just wait till they move out.

When things have been damaged or broken on the property..he does not always get them repaird right away. We are paying for building security and when the doors have been broken by tennants abuse..he takes his time in getting them fixed.

We have had strangers in the premises because of broken doors.

We have dealt with our cage broken into and things stolen..laundry stolen by other tennants, our mail stolen etc.

What are our rights at paying good standing tennants?

kerry

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH