SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aboc1212_gw

best grind and brew coffemaker?

aboc1212
14 years ago

We are looking for a grind and brew coffee maker, but we have one specific condition: we don't want to have to measure the beans before grinding. We currently have the Cuisinart DBM-8 stand alone grinder and a Cuisinart coffee maker. We go through coffee reasonably quickly so as long as we have freshly roasted beans we can get away with basically 'storing them' in our current grinder and then we just grind as much as we need each morning. We have found that if we set the grinder to "6" and add in water up to the '6' in the carafe we get good coffee. We basically want this feature in the new machine but we want the grinder and coffee maker to be combined. We just want to be able to dump the beans in the top and then, when we are ready to make coffee measure out water, pour in, push a button for the number of cups and let the machine decide how much to grind. I may be wrong, but the machine my mother has will grind ALL the beans that you add so you have to measure the beans and I can never make good coffee at her house. Maybe it's only her machine but my impression is that most grind and brews are like my mother's. Please correct me if I'm wrong - since that opens up our options!

Currently we are looking at the Capresso 464.05 CoffeeTeam GS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker. Does anyone have this machine or any other recommendations?

Comments (2)