SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rbse

Remodeling, need appliance advice

rbse
14 years ago

First, I want to tell everyone how thrilled I have been to find this forum, just loaded with great information.

Total remodel of our kitchen and will be buying all new appliances. I was 95% convinced to replace our all electric range with a dual fuel until I started reading about the NXR range. The NXR looks like it has the features I would really like, a simple (no bells or whistles) pro style range that works very well and obviously the price is very attractive. I found a lot of dual ranges that I really like, but they cost twice as much and seem to utilize circuit boards, which I would just as soon not have. I have also changed direction (since reading here) on the exhaust unit. We had planned on the combination micro wave/exhaust unit above the range, but now convinced to go with a dedicated hood and place the microwave in a cabinet space. And, we our looking for a bottom freezer with french doors refridgerator. I will have a 36" opening to work with and want the "counter depth" style. We are not interested in an ice maker etc. While budget is a concern, quality is a main priority. My question(s) would be: Considering that we would like to stay within $6000, can anyone offer an alternative to the NXR as the most bang for the buck and looking for advice/opinions on the refridge. Have not looked extensively into the rangehoods, but really like the looks, performance and price of the Windster unit. I will be working with 30" for the range and hood.

I will offer a sincere thank you to all and really appreciate the people who have taken the time to share.

Rod

Comment (1)