SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherean_gw

Need Advice on Maytag/Whirlpool/KitchenAid appliances

sherean
14 years ago

Hi All - we're building an energy-efficient (Earthcraft certified here in the South) house. My dad retired from Maytag and gets a killer discount (nearly 50%) on appliances through an alumni program. So I am trying to buy things through him and get as many Earth Star rated appliances as possible.

We really want an induction stove. My only options through Dad are the Kitchen Aid 36" or 30" induction cooktop (no freestanding ranges with ovens below). I'm trying to figure out if I can fit a cooktop and separate wall oven (asking folks over in the kitchen forum for help) - but assuming I can, does anyone have experience with the Kitchen Aid cooktop? Should we go with the 36" for the extra burner?

Fridge: we're looking at the Maytag French Door 25' fridge: MFI2569VEM. Anybody have any experience with that?

Wall oven/microwave: I have three options that include induction:

1. KitchenAid® 30" Built-In Microwave/Oven Combination

2)KitchenAid® 1.4 cu. ft. True Convection Microwave - 3.8 cu. ft. True Convection Lower Oven - Architect® Series II

3)Whirlpool Gold® 30 in. Built-In Combination Oven

The price on the first two is about the same. The price on the 3rd is a lot more. So between 1 and 2 -- anybody have an opinion?

I haven't even begun to look at the dishwashers so if you all know a good one in the Maytag family, I'd love to hear it! Or perhaps I should start separate threads for each appliance?

Appreciate your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Conversation in the Kitchen Forum on our Layout

Comment (1)