SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlspellman_gw

HELP w/ Thermador Freedom Cabinet Front

dlspellman
16 years ago

My new kitchen is nearly complete and my new 30" Thermador columns are installed and operating, albeit without the cabinet fronts. And as a side note - I LOVE them!

So need some help / insight on the cabinet fronts from those of you familiar w/ cabinet front installs on these units.

I have my units installed side by side in a large single hole cabinet with a armoire bonnet top. The doors will be designed such that it looks like a large walnut armoire with fake drawers. The Doors are out of walnut. So the dilemna(s)are:

Given all the interior trim & edging is in white - should I do partial overlay or inset cabinet doors? The rest of my kitchen is inset; but, painted cream and distressed/glazed. This ref/frzr cabinetry is suppose to look different, but compatible, like an old english armoire.

My concerns are if I go inset, I may see lines of white around the edges? If I go partial overlay, I won't, but will it create operational issues? And either way, what about the center of the two units - do you see the white between the 1/4" gap of the doors?

Second question, the instructions are pretty vague about the hardware on the cabinet - did you just install it where it felt comfortable? Did you countersink the washers, etc. on the backside that goes up against the unit?

Any other cabinet front tips before I order the door fronts?

Thanks to everyone who's gotten me this far --- it's been a journey, but thanks to you all - my kitchen is turning out just the way I had hoped!

Comments (2)