SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Culinarian Manual Clean Racks vs BlueStar Racks

MichelleDT
12 years ago

Wavering between the CC manual and self clean. Rotisserie is not important to us. In fact, have had an outdoor one for 8 years and I have no idea where the parts are - never used it. Self clean is not really important.

Racks and rack positions are important (that may sound silly to some) - I have read several posts on the racks in the self clean and folks are OK but not thrilled with them. How bad are the self clean racks? From what I understand, they are not easy glide rolling racks. I also found this from Trevor in another post (about 6 months ago):

"I agree the top rack position is to high in the manual clean and for some things the second is to low. In the self clean range that problem does not exist."

Is this still the case?

Your experience with them would be most appreciated.

I was totally sold on the CC but the more I read, the more nits I find. Does the Bluestar have similar rolling and rack position issues? I hadn't even considered a BS. Is pricing similar? I am looking at the 48 (with griddle) or 60 (with griddle and grill). I now plan to look at a BS locally next week. There are no Capital dealers in Denver so I will be making the trip to Boston.

Thanks everyone!

M

Comments (22)