SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcar473_gw

Need a good electric range replacement, suggestions??

bcar473
16 years ago

My mother in law's 12 year old Jenn-air glasstop electric range went out on Christmas eve and I have been commissioned to help her out to find a new range. I would love for her to plumb a propane-gas line from her fireplace over to her kitchen, but she and my father in law are either too lazy, scared or plain old cheap to get it put in.....

So, here I am researching electric options for her. I had her totally convinced to go with an induction range, BUT as I am finding, there is no such thing as a 30" Induction based range. I have found tons of induction cooktops, from almost every manufacturer under the sun, but there is only one brand, Diva, that is going to manufacture a range, and its only coming in 36" which doesnt help me at all...

What do all of you suggest for an electric range? Budget is anywhere from $1000-2500+/-. Let me know what everyone thinks??? If you were to ask me, I still stand by the idea that gas line run 50-75 feet into the kitchen and then having a gas range would be the way to go, but that probably wont happen...unless someone here can help me with a compelling argument?

Comments (4)