SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drbouba_gw

cooktop modules and more in new kitchen plan

drbouba
12 years ago

We are building a new house and I am working now on the layout of the kitchen and the appliances. I think I would like to have two gas burners, a griddle, and two induction burners.

I've been trying to read as much as possible about the different modules available from wolf, miele, etc. Bertazzoni has the closest (PM361IGX) as a single unit although there is one large gas burner instead of two, and I was told by the nearest appliance store that Wolf and Miele are superior. Wolf seems to have more BTUs on its burner, but maybe 10,000 on Miele's (CS1012) is really sufficient. Wolf has a two gas burner module and a 2 induction burner module but no griddle module so it may mean going with all Miele or a combination of the two. Would it look too odd to mix two different companies like that?

If read at length about the pros and cons of the indoor griddle and I love the idea but am nervous having only used one that goes over my burners in the past. Does anyone have the combi Miele griddle/teppanyaki? Any thoughts?

While we love the look of the full range, I do think that stacked wall oven located near the cooktop makes more sense. I am leaning now towards a steam combi oven and a standard convection oven. I have never used a steam oven but love everything I am reading about them. Miele's sounds great although I understand more companies are coming out with new ones this year.

For fridge and freezer we are planning sub zero 36 in fridge and 27 in freezer. We will have them separated by a counter with cabinets below and either cabinets above or a wall mounted pot rack. This idea of splitting up the fridge and freezer was suggested to us, especially for putting away groceries. Has anyone seen this done before? Does it seem to work? Do other fridge/freezers compete with these?

thanks!

Comments (15)