SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ronprice_gw

Taking Climate Change Out of Politics

ronprice
17 years ago

Republican strategist and pollster Frank Luntz was interviewed on the ABC TV program Four Corners on Monday 26 February. Many others were also interviewed. The issue was global warming and climate change. I donÂt want to indulge in the many issues that came up but I do want to emphasize one point Luntz made at the end of the program.

From Canada to Britain, from Iowa to Washington, Luntz has been racking up the frequent flyer miles these days. President and CEO of the Virginia-based Luntz Research Companies, he is the still boyish-looking and highly-respected Republican consultant and message massager who appears to be at his best when he's darting from one place to another dispensing advice. But it is not his life-style or his physical image that I want to emphasize. Luntz thinks the issue should be taken out of politics. Luntz played right into my hands because IÂve been saying this since the early 1960s. IÂve been trying to sell the idea for over four decades. The idea is complex and all I want to do is mention it here. I shall return to the subject at another time because I think it is crucial.

The quixotic tournament that is the game of partisan politics is often said to be the best system there is. The Romans said the same thing as their system was dieing and on the way out. I shall be back here and at other places on the net pontificating, I hope with a mild etquette of expression, on this theme of the slow death of the partisan political process.But not here and not now. Whne the survival of the planet is at stake the game of I win and you lose, I'm right and you're wrong, must come to an end, eventually.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus