SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sportguy005

Report From College

sportguy005
18 years ago

Hey everyone, how's it going? I finally got my internet up and running here at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. School has been alright so far and the campus is just beautiful. I'm fortunate enough to have a room next to the campus lake. As soon as I walk out my door, the lake is just right outside the window! The view is awesome. There are always turtles sunning themselves on logs, and cypress trees are everywhere! As far as herps go on campus, so far I have seen Southern Painted Turtles, Bullfrogs, Cricket Frogs, a Musk Turtle, and a Spiny Softshell Turtle. I've also heard many different frog calls while walking around at night. Other wildlife observed have been deer, chipmunks, and tons of insects, especially cicadas! Whenever I get a chance, I would love to get out and explore some of the different areas around here, such as Crab Orchard Lake, the Little Grand Canyon, etc. Also, if anyone happens to come through here on the way to Snake Road in the fall, I would really appreciate a ride! It's just about 15-20 minutes from here. Anyway, that's about all I have to say for now. I hope everyone has a good fall!

-Brian

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions