SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allyrayj

need help identifying a worm?

allyrayj
16 years ago

hi. i am not a gardner in the least. matter of fact ive killed every plant ive ever tried to care for. my issue today is trying to identify this worm (i think) that i found on the side of my house in a storage bin that contained camping gear. somehow the lid came off and the whole bin was full of water. when i opened up the tent to hose it off and prepare it for a good cleaning this little guy fell out onto the driveway(amongst some beetles and familiar bugs. It is brown with almost a clear film overtop of it. it had a tail that was very thin and pointed.it moved like a worm, with up and down motion inching across my driveway. i live in central western florida so unusual looking creatures are common here, but in all my 20 years of being here i have never seen anything like this before. no websites i have looked at had anything close to it. maybe a larvae of some sort? i dont know. any information or advice would be greatly appreciated on this little guy.i tried to upload a phot of it but it was too large, so i can emial it upon request.just ask! i hope it helps. thanks!

allyrayj

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz