SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mccarron_gw

need help identifying culprit

mccarron
15 years ago

I live in the suburbs of PA and my yard has become almost unbearable to enter. I love gardening, but for the past few years it has gotten worse. I need help in identifying and riding myself of these pest. I am being eaten alive.

The major problem is that I can't see what's biting me and my wife. We do have a few Mosquitoes, but not many. They seem to bite at all times of day, but mostly in late afternoon or dusk, but seem to go away at night.

They seem to bite mostly my legs, but have gotten bitten on upper body, but I think that was the Mosquitoes.

Other than my bird baths there doesn't seem to be any standing water around. I change the water in the baths often. The closest stream is about a quarter mile. There is a nearby swim club about 100 yards away, but this is very active and chlorinated.

Though we keep our grass cut fairly short most of the time, when it has a little length and we walk through it we can see many tiny insect moving through the grass.

I need help? What should I be looking for. I certainly want to use the yard me and my wife put so much work into. Could I be planting something that is causing this. Could mulch or compost have anything to do with this?

Comments (2)