SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dalew_gw

O.K. ... Wudjaget ... ?

dalew
18 years ago

What did the guy in the red suit bring you for Christmas in the camping department?
I got one of those 1,000,000 candle-power spot lights to keep either in the camper or maybe behind the seat of the pick-up truck. Has a couple of ways of re-charging, either 12 volt using the trucks cigar lighter or an adapter for 110 volt. Now when I pull into the woods in the middle of the night looking for someplace to set-up for the night, I'll be able to look the place over real good!

Comments (4)

• hippy
    18 years ago

Hello Dale How are you doing? Long time since I have had the time to visit the site. I will put it more like it should be. Long time since I took the time to visit..lol I would like to have one of those high powered lights. But have never gotten one. Not really camping supplies. The Jolly Ole Elf (aka) Hippyette found what I have been looking for. Some High Carbon bar stock with a Rockwell hardness of at least 55-57. I now have ten each of it in the following sizes. 1/8" x 1" x 12", 1/8" x 1 1/4" x 12", 1/8" x 1 1/2" x 12", 1/8" x 1 5/8" x 12", 1/4" x 1" x 12", 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 12", 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 12", 1/4" x 1 5/8" x 12" Then a few different thickness of Brass bar stock that is all 2" x 12". I have looked at many different knives lately and 99% of them are made of Stainless steel which I do not like. "A man should get some good steel and make his own." Hippyette heard me say that and she went shopping and set me up to do just that. Make a few knives. My Nephew has a flow jet cutter at work and all I need to do is etch the blade pattern onto the bar stock and he can cut it for me. But I will still have a ton of grinding and polishing to do in order to come up with a complete blade. My next hunt will be for some good handle material. Different type of horn, bone and woods that cam be laminated together to give a distinct pattern when shaped. Maybe something like Maple or Oak with Walnut etc. I just hope that Hippyette does not start getting the idea to use one on me for spending to much time working on them...

• jersey_ponder
    18 years ago

Dale,
    Hey hows it going? I got a small propane heater from my polyanna at work. Some new cards too since the ones I have are pretty sad looking. I am on the look out for another canopy soon I think. The one we have has some rips and not so good when it rains. Actually the dog seems more upset than us, spoiled brat. Happy New Year...
    Lynda

• tplife
    18 years ago

Hippy, I recommend moss green, mastadon or ivory for your handle. It costs a bit more, but quality is appreciated long after price is forgotten.

• jen_
    18 years ago

Nothing really camping related. I did get a nice stoneware set of dishes with loons on them so I can think about my camping in Maine all year long!