SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casi_gw

House wren babies abandoned?

casi
10 years ago

Yesterday I was out hanging clothes and other busy work around my porch and I heard a lot of noise coming from the wren birdhouse. We have a hanging birdhouse on our porch which is inhabited by a pair of wrens that I believe to be repeats for several years. They are very used to our comings and goings and my clothesline is within just a few feet of their house; they are not alarmed by my presence whereas the wrens on the other end of the porch seem not as sure of us. They always perch on the end of the clothesline and really give me a talking to though. Yesterday though.....they were not around and the racket was 2 babies in the doorway just really carrying on. I thought them quite cute. That afternoon they were not in the doorway as I was bringing in the clothes but I kept hearing them. Finally I realized that the sound was from the ground and the little guy was looking up at me....almost like he was trying to get my attention. I did pick him up and put him back into the house. I think that the other one must have bumped him out. Today I see nothing and hear nothing. Could the pair have been deserted by their folks and they were hungry and that is why they were carrying on so much yesterday? I hope I didn't do wrong in putting him back into the house but I fear that something is wrong. Any ideas?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor