SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmeghill

Todays Harvest Thank you Garden Web Members!!!

nutmeghill
15 years ago

Attached is a picture of todayÂs harvest! I would like to thank Dr Carolyn and other GW members who took the time to help me choose OP varieties and deal with foliage diseases.

This year, my plants are much healthier; I grew all of them from seed, put them into containers, most of them self watering, and was very vigilant on removing lower leaves to avoid soil splashing. So far (knock on wood), my plants are healthy and are producing some GREAT tomatoes. The only one that has not set fruit is Omar Lebanese; weÂll just have to try that one again next year.

Our favorite by far is Cherokee Purple; it keeps producing tons of great tasting tomatoes. ItÂs what an heirloom tomato is all about; you just canÂt buy one of those in a store! Our second favorite is SunSugar, the kids just eat them like candy. Legend is good with a "tangy" taste, while Stupice and Better Boy are about the same taste wise  a little bland. However, Cherokee Green is in a class of its own, "seriously cool" according to the younger members of my family.

Again, thank you all for your help and I enjoy reading this forum to learn more about growing tomatoes.

PJ

Comments (7)