SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelliot

A question about seam sealing and an observation:

michelliot
18 years ago

Just got back from a soaking camping trip at the alpine scout camp in Jersey. Saturday we had just about every precipitation possible; thunderstorms, rain, sleet hail and snow was cast down upon us along with a frigid wind. Uncomfortable to say the least. Anyway, the tent supported the icy fly well and my son and I remained quite dry.

My first question is how often should I apply a sealer to the seams that aren't tape sealed? My Sunrise is about 5 years old and I've probably sealed it 3 or 4 times already. Is that overkill or not enough? I've been dry so something's right. I see a little flaking in spots but not in the crucial areas. Thanks for you expertise!

My other question is just a curiosity. It's been a while since I've posted but I've been monitoring this forum for years. I seem to remember that there used to be a lot more activity than currently displayed. I'd say about a one to one and a half years ago participation seem to dwindle. I hope everyone is out there camping and their laptops are just too far to receive any signals. Has any long timers had similar observations?

Thanks and Be well,

Elliot

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor