SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenny7c

tomato leaves - bug, fungus, heat??

jenny7c
12 years ago

Hi,

I've read a lot of messages on this forum this summer as this is my first time growing tomatoes (in containers). I couldn't find one that matches this ... These are close-ups of leaves on a sungold plant. I first noticed the little white-ish dots yesterday I think. The bottom half of leaves on the plant have yellow / dried up and died, so I've taken most of them off (the photo including the pot shows the extent of this). This seems to be progressing up the plant however. The top half seems very healthy, and this is my most productive (just started getting ripe recently) of all three plants that I have.

For my other tomato plant, I figured out today that I'm probably over-watering because it has started to have the root bumps on the stem and it is also wilting (which I had thought was heat/sun), but together, it sounds like they are more likely to be overwatering. So I added mulch to all 3 plants today.

Thanks for any suggestions.

This should be a link to one of the images:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gyTVH3OL5m0iwvzefYFkow?feat=directlink

This should be a link to a set of 6 photos of the leaves I uploaded to picasa, and all photos can be zoomed in on further.

{{gwi:1382139}}080211_tomato_leaves_sungold

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Album on Picasa of Leaves

Comments (10)