SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_frome_ky

Trip to Khao Yai National Park yesterday

rachel_frome_ky
12 years ago

Although still weak from severe food poisoning I went birding at Khao Yai yesterday, but stopped for a nap in top of a watch tower. When I woke, there were wild elephants in the distance-first I'd ever seen them!

It kept raining off and on, and the light was dim, but I got some bird species I'd not yet seen. Photo quality not the best, but oh, well.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rachelbro3/May292011KhaoYaiTrip?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWg_9CVt-aTrQE#slideshow/5612258376232000130

To be able to hike for hours I used a simple invention I made last year that holds me firmly, makes me "four-footed," uses my own weight to propel me along at slow jog speed uphill or down, with little effort and no slipping, and also steadies me for photos. Further, when using them, some birds mistake me for a 4-footed animal and let me approach far more closely than usual. My feet only touch the ground lightly every six feet or so, so I was able to "cruise" the mountains safely, even with heavy camera.

Something weird about the "gallopers"-they seem to be addictive, and even using them a few minutes gives you rock-hard abs. I no longer have to do any stretches or exercises as long as I play on them a few minutes a day. They even take me up the steepest, most narrow stairs.

Still, I haven't come up with the best possible, lightest, strongest, most versatile, collapsible prototype version to present to a company for possible licensing yet, so haven't yet applied for a provisional patent. I made a few of one of the simplest versions for a few people so they can keep up with me during hikes, but I'm not really supposed to let anyone see an invention until I file, so I don't lose patent privileges.

The moment I do, I'll let interested people know where to get them, as it seems to be able to open up a new world of birding ops for people with bad knees, poor health, triples one's hiking range on even the steepest slopes, and are just plain FUN to use-kind of like vaulting/diving into a swing on one's stomach over and over. Getting even a provisional patent puts a lot of money at risk, though, so I haven't yet had the courage..or enough extra money I'm willing to risk.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery