SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blasman

Should I help out this Robin and her babies?

Blasman
10 years ago

Hi everyone. I just created an account to hopefully get some expert opinions on what if anything that I should do to possibly prevent some injured baby robins.

A robin has created a nest and has laid four eggs underneath the deck at my home. I've read that baby robins will often fall out of their nest. As you can see from the photo that I took (I circled the mother robin and nest directly in the centre of the photo), we have a huge "cement roller" (I actually don't know what that thing is) directly underneath the nest, about a 3-4 foot drop. Should I move the giant tool and risk changing the environment (they often use the electrical cords and environment to land on). Perhaps I should hang a basket with soft grass where they are likely to fall down? Or should I just leave it all alone? I fear that if and when the babies fall down that they can hit the edge of the tool and break their necks or something. It's still around ten days until the eggs start hatching. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments (9)