SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbcathy

Bluebird Eggs in a Tres Nest

bbcathy
14 years ago

Well I went to check the trail today (I've been busy and should have checked it a week ago) I have one pair of Blues that the babies should have fledged but they're still in the box and very healthy, one pair of Blues that have 3 eggs so far and 5 pairs of Tres with babies in 3 nests and eggs in 2 nests. The one nest with eggs had a 1 1/2" nest with 3 eggs on a bare wooden box floor and about 3 feathers so I fixed that up properly for her. The other box with eggs had a million feathers in the top and 2 million ants in the bottom. I had to take that whole nest out too to fix that problem and there were 5 white eggs and 2 blue ones in there. Don't know what happened or why. The other female Blue is still laying and I don't know how long the Tres has been incubating so I just left them with the Tres to see if they will even hatch before I worry about what to do with them. That box had Tres guarding it a month ago and building in it 2 or 3 weeks ago so it is a mystery how that Blue ended up laying in there.

Cathy

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm