SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sansonet

Abandoned baby, need help ASAP

starlinka
10 years ago

My bluebirds were not very lucky with their latest nest - only 2 babies hatched and one disappeared the next day. Not sure how - I've got a spooker and baffle and I think the baby died and they threw it out. It was a very hot day before that, so maybe the heat killed it. Anyway, they've been feeding the remaining baby for about a week. Last night and this morning I didn't see them around at all. I went to check it out and found the baby cold and dehydrated but still alive. I'm warming it up in my hand right now and will feed it after that. Problem is that links for Wildlife Rehabilitators List on top page have been dead for a while. Googling is not helping me find a local one and I will not drive to take him to another town. I can raise it myself, I know how (done it many times before) but I don't have time right now and really hope it will not come to this. If anyone can find rehabber in Goldsboro NC, or maybe in Wilson, NC or Smithfield, NC, that would be great. I also would like to hear some ideas of what happened to the baby that disappeared and why they abandoned this one. I seen some mockingbirds fighting ans screaming around that nest lately, not sure if they drove parents off. I think the same pair is building a new nest right now on another side of my yard.

Comments (4)