SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohsoblue77

Not a good weekend.

ohsoblue77
10 years ago

One of my bluebird pairs who have 4 eggs are paired with swallows next to them - 20 ft. A male HOSP decided to go and destroy all 6 TRES eggs, meanwhile the bluebirds are left untouched with their sparrow spooker. I have 6 boxes. I can't buy spookers for all of them and I'm not handy so it would be hard to build my own. Mr HOSP's fate has been sealed though...

Does anyone have a good plan on a homemade spooker? I have Blaine's brackets on all boxes, so I could use those?

That bluebird pair's 4 eggs were supposed to hatch today. Not one hatched, and mother blue wasn't sitting on them today, so I bet they are no good.

Temps have been in the 50's. My 5 nestlings seem to somehow be surviving, with their parents. I've placed enough waxworms in a small container on the roof that is quicky taken to feed them. I also tried dried mealworms after dehydrating them. Believe it or not, Mr. Blue actually took a few to the box!

Hoping and praying that Mr. And Mrs. Blue can pull these young ones through one more 50 degree day. Today was the worst. Cloudy and windy.

~Tim
NE Ohio

Comment (1)