SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joep_12

Question about Peterson style nest box made by Stovall

joep_12
14 years ago

Hello. This is my first post! I saw my first bluebird ever while I was working in the backyard and I got very excited. I purchased a peterson style nest box made by Stovall products. It is a very nice looking box. I am pretty handy with tools and I wanted to make a few so I can start a trail next year. My question is about the size of the box. I know petersons are very narrow but the inside of this box is narrower than any of the plans I have seen on line. Before I make a bunch of these

I was wondering if you knew anything about this specific box made by this company, or if you know anyone that has used this box with success?

Like other peterson boxes, the door of this box does fit in between the two sides and does fold down. The difference is this boxes inside demension in width ( which is the same width as the door) is 3 1/8". Other plans that are on line are wider by 3/4" up to a 1 1/2". Is this box in your opinion to narrow? The rest of the box is pretty close to other plans, just the width appears to be different. Maybe it is narrower because it is not made with any 2x4 stock? All stock that is used is 3/4" thick. Thank you very much for any help you can offer. I appreciate it.

Joe P

Rockport, MA

Comments (12)