SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluesoblue

What happened?

bluesoblue
14 years ago

Two years ago I had my first ever blue bird pair that succesfully had 4 baby's and I was hooked. We had a lot of the typical bad stuff happen to my blues like hosp and other bully birds. I went last year with no blues. After putting up two new nest boxes we managed to get a pair this year, everything was going text book great until yesterday morning. I went out to put some worms in the feeder and knew right away that something was wrong, there was nesting material pooring out of the slot on the house and some on the ground. Dad blue was in the tree they are always in at feeding time, but no Mom blue. Of course not something happened to her baby's! The wierd thing was that there was no blood, not feathers, NOTHING! so what would you say it was? We have all kinds of blue bird preditors but it just seemed strange that there was no evidence at all. It was just about 15 days since the eggs hatched, could they have fledged? I think it was way to soon but this is still so new to me.

Can someone help me shed some light on what may have happened to my baby blues? IM praying that if something did happen to them that they will stick around and have another brude. I cleaned out the house and still putting worms out for Dad, cause he is the only one Im still seeing, although he was not around this morning or tonight.

Thanks all in advance for any help you can give me. I love them birds so much and my heart aches over the disapearance of them.

Gina

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor