SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heavenlyfarm

Ideas for a first time host?! Need help planning!

heavenlyfarm
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Okay so I would like to host a round robin hopefully next year(yes far away but I wanna plan now lol) as I wanna spend another year on GW getting to know everybody and plan a little =)

Sooo, for the kind of swap I would love to do, I've been thinking a Winter sowing Swap tho, Sassy I know does an excellent one already! Would another one be okay? This is my second year winter sowing and I've become addicted since last year! LOL

Or perhaps a Hummingbird/Butterfly Garden Swap with seeds from plants that attract hummingbirds/butterflies.(I know doesn't that really narrow it down! lol)

As for other things, I'm thinking a photo sharing/contest while the seeds are being "swapped" by me? and I love to talk so I will def include people to post their dream for next year or their winter sowing experience(and hand hold first timers)

Anyone who has a hosted a swap that has any tips? I'd appreciate them!

Any people with new ideas also would love to hear them!
I am very much an organized person and tho I do put in 40+ hours at work in a week now, I devote most of my free time to gardening, my pets and my happiness so it will not be much of a hassle to do a round robin! LOL my main fear is that no one will join next year but I am trying to be an active trader/round robin participant to also get know more people here and earn their respect and trust!
~Michael
heavenlyfarm

Comments (25)