SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosekrazy

Unknown Vine

rosekrazy
16 years ago

Ok, I know this is a really shot in the dark, but here goes.... I saw a vine in HD today. Of course the pot was not labeled. Someone at the store guessed that it was a type of Morning Glory, but I just can't agree. The vine started very thick, maybe 3/4" at the base (never seen a MG that thick at the base) and looked a bit woody in color and texture. Not far up it changed to light green and slowly decreased in diameter til at the tips it was very thin. The leaves are opposing and also light green, somewhat noticably veined. They leaves are longish triangles, with slight extensions at the ends of the veins. They are not lobed, or cut-leaf; they are not feathery nor tri-lobed (like a grape). They are not oval. The size depends on the age (distance between base and vine tips, with the mid-range being about 3 3/4" long x 2 1/4" wide. The flowers were borne in a cluster, were light lavender, with deep white throats and the reproductive parts deep at the base of the throat. The outer portion of the flower forms a scalloped edge, with 5-6 points, kind of like a mandavilla blossom does and when fully blossomed was about 3" wide. I may take the camera back tomorrow and try to snap a picture to post, but meanwhile, if anyone recognizes the description, please tell me what it is, and particularly if it is an annual or perenial in the DFW area.

Comments (7)