SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

Second pair of Bluebirds nestbuilding....

dzyg
13 years ago

The first pair of Bluebirds this year chose a nestbox at the back of our property not that far but out of sight of the house. They have little ones that are eleven days old today. On Monday I heard and saw a male Bluebird singing in the yard and checking out the boxes, of course that always means immediately checking other Bluebird boxes to make sure they are ok and they were. (I have a pair at the park near our house too with three due to fledge this weekend) So I watched and listened and he pretty much flew around the yard and perched and sang his heart out. Tuesday he was still out there singing until late afternoon when I heard an answer to his song, a female Blue had shown up, she seemed very skittish though and the next day I didn't see any female until later morning but I am pretty sure this one was not the one from the day before as this ones coloring is sky blue and the other one wasn't, plus this one is very bold and started to take grass in the nestbox the same day. So she is now slowly nestbuilding in the box at the edge of our garden, easily seen from my bathroom window. Three years ago we paired the boxes in the yard and put three up along the back of the property just hoping to get two pairs of bluebirds nesting, finally we should as long as nothing interrupts these two. So hopefully shortly I will be monitoring three pairs of Bluebirds and hopefully the ones at the back of the lot will have a second nesting there too. Here is a shot of the two new ones from the bathroom window....

Donna

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!