SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manda_manda

Tomato Leaves Curling... but downward?

manda_manda
11 years ago

Hello, I am new here... and I have a problem with my tomato plants...

I have looked for answers, but I don't seem to find any kind of answer for the leaves curling the way they are in my garden.

I have two tomato plants. I bought them at a garden store as young plants. They have been planted about 3 weeks now and starting to flower. I believe they are romas??

Yesterday i thought the one plant looked a little strange. Today I took a closer look.

The leaves are curling downward and twisting in on themselves...

I can't find any images that look like this so I am puzzled.

Here in Ontario where I am, it's been very hot, humid and we haven't had rain for a few days. I haven't watered them for a few days either because we were expecting storms, which never did come.

I don't know much about gardening in general... But I haven't ever had a problem!

I no nothing of... nitrogen or fertilizers or soil pH, except for the fact that it could be important.... When I plant my tomatoes I always use Miracle Grow starter, a capful in 2 gallons of water and then re apply it about a week later to prevent shock...the plants always do well!

When I planted the plants I had just moved into this house and their existing garden is a disgrace... I tried my best to loosen up the soil and I also added a bag of soil from the garden store.

Any thoughts?

I thought, maybe they needed water... so I soaked them tonight... but beyond that I have no clue.

Please help!

Pictures below...

the more affected plant... (below)

the less affected plant- leaves are curling up on this one

curling downward AND upward...

the plant i am most concerned about... it's a lot smaller than the other plant

same plant

Comments (10)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio