SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indigo658

Well I guess I have some good news!!

indigo658
13 years ago

I guess since the blues have decided to not build a nest right now, the dees have decided to take their place. I noticed this afternoon the dees were going in and out of the house. I just looked inside and they have started on their nest. I hope things will go good for these sweet little birds. This will be my second time to have dees use this bluebird house. Several question?? Will the blues try to take the house away from the dees? Do I put a sparrow spooker up after the first egg is laid with the dees like I do the blues? Lets hope I can aleast get one family out of this house this year. So excited!

Comments (3)

• bandjzmom
    13 years ago

Exciting news indigo! I can only speak from my own experience and say that I have had Chickadees nest in a BB box here, and the Blues did not try to swipe the box. Then again, I had 2 other options in the yard for the Blues. Do you have another BB box up? I'd put one up if you don't. I haven't heard of using a Sparrow Spooker on a box of Dees. Hope that someone here knows. I don't put one on mine. It's cool that you will be able to monitor the Chickadee nest. Their little eggs are the size of Jelly Belly jelly beans. Sometimes, the moms will sit tight on the nest when you open the box, even after you thump on the box before opening it. :o)

• lisa11310
    13 years ago

I use a spooker on my Dee box. If the Blues bother them put on a hole reducer. I think there are directions on how to make on on the sialis site. Good Luck!

• kendra2003
    13 years ago

I also treat the Dee box the same as the Blue's box and put up a sparrow spooker after the first egg is laid. As Bandjzmom suggested, I would also make sure there is another box for the Blues to use.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz