SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhblues

Birds flying into windows

nhblues
15 years ago

I have a 4 feeder pole system set up near a picture window that is very popular with birds because it is in a protected cove, near bushes, birdbath and flowers... I had some bird strikes to the window so I moved the pole away several more feet and strung up some fishing lines with feathers attached at 6' intervals to make the birds aware of the window... that didn't work... course those black stickers of hawks or owls don't work either... so, last month, I bought some film called CollidEscape and put that on the outside of the window and I have not had one strike since. It really works and it cuts down on UV coming into the house, too. I just wanted to make folks aware of this product; I do not work for the compnay or anything but it has really helped my pine siskins who are migrating. You can see outside because it is perforated with tiny holes and it is as if you are looking through a window screen. But it looks white if you look from outside in. Its a great option; I just ordered another sheet to install on another window. Its super easy to install too.

Here is a link that might be useful: CollidEscape Product Link

Comment

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County