SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sagrinin

Really confused..Need Help

sagrinin
11 years ago

I posted about this dilemma under another post (Widowed bluebird). A Hawk grabbed a bird out of the air and brought it down a few feet away from a nest box that has 4 eggs. I couldn't tell what kind of bird it had. The hawk then took off with it. I looked at the feathers. They looked gray-blue with some orange red, like a female blue. I waited a little bit but then saw a male and female blue so I thought that she was Ok. Since then, a male and female go to the box that has the eggs but the female hasn't been going in like she has normally done and she had been sitting on the eggs. I decided to mark the eggs to see if they are being turned. I am thinking that maybe the hawk got the female blue and this is another pair. The male has gone in the box and sometimes comes back out with a little nesting material in his mouth. The female goes and looks in the box, but doesn't go inside. I know that one female has been sitting on the eggs because she has flown out a couple of times when I have checked on the box. I havent seen her go in and out of the box for a couple of days . The eggs have not been turned since yesterday morning. Any suggestions?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus