SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coconut_nj

Robins acting odd?

coconut_nj
14 years ago

First of all we don't usually see robins this time of year. I know many birds don't migrate the way they used to but we don't normally see robins until spring. It's not spring is it? Smiles. Anyway, this morning when I looked outside I saw lots of birds flying from tree to tree almost frantically. All kinds of birds that we have here. At first I thought maybe they were evading a crow or hawk. They have been known to send a few of various species that nest in our yard to drive off hawks. It is fairly windy and we did have the big [27+ inches] of snow this past weekend and are expecting another 12 to 18" tomorrow. At first I thought they might be trying to eat and drink their fill between storms but they were just going from tree to tree and not stopping to eat. Then a little later I looked out again and now it was all robins, flitting from this tree to that tree. Stopping only a moment then going twenty or thirty feet to another tree/bush. Again, it looked rather frantic and no eating, just tree hopping. I never notice whole flocks of robins, we generally get our usual regulars each year. Perhaps they're deciding if this is a good area to stay for the next storm? Anyone have any ideas?

Comment (1)