SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wwwonderwhiskers

Mirror Check Q from Newbies

wwwonderwhiskers
12 years ago

Hello. I learned to know & trust you GW folks thru Tomato forums, and more recently (and rather thoroughly!) in the Home Building side.

Now that we've built, and seeing our first stunning BBs last fall, we've courted them over winter and put up two boxes this Spring. The second box was a little late, but the first box put up March 10th got immediate attention. Now we see him being protective, and we see her little face peeking out of the hole occasionally, and the pair moving around the yard for bugs.

We've been voraciously studying, and doing well so far, I think. We're in process of further study of the sialis.org site - WONDERFUL site, btw. They took their first live meal worms today (yay!!)

We are USDA Zone 6b, almost 7a, Northern VA.

So tonight we were talking, and found that we each have a different opinion on a monitoring technique. I thought you'all might clear it up fast.

When you are checking into the box with the little mirror to see the nest, do you stick the mirror THROUGH the box opening hole? Or do you open the front of the box, and insert the mirror tool to look then? We each think one or the other, humorously enough. We are wondering if she has eggs there yet or not.

Thanks in advance! We are so amazed - He is so BLUE!! How does anything else get done when they are moving around the yard??

Regards, Leslie

Comments (5)