SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohsoblue77

They're here!!!

ohsoblue77
11 years ago

Yesterday morning I went out to start my car before my short commute when I heard a familiar call coming from the direction of my nestboxes.

Later that day, I went out to do something to the car and I heard the calling again. This time I HAD to follow it!

I ventured towards the neighboring property of my boxes (the neighbors know me) and I saw a small bird pirched on a telephone wire.

I'm thinking "it has to be!!"
Well, you guessed it! My instincts were right! In the area I found 2-3 bluebirds hanging around in the trees and calling. I got a good shot of blue as one darted to the ground for food (in 40 degree weather, mind you!!!) One even flew off to a tree with a large insect! How they find insects or food in 30-40 degree temperatures is beyond me! Anyone have any insight?

Can't wait for the season to start! Unfortunately we have 20's and 30's forecasted here in North East Ohio for the start of March. It's a cold 36 degree rain here today. Yesterday was beautiful, a high of 44 and sunshine. Spring needs to get here sooner!! I've seen Robins and Red-Wings here and there as well.

I found a started nest of grass and feathers with droppings underneath it at my other nest site! HOSP!! Looks like I'm gonna have to get the Van Ert out and find the time to trap the buggers.

Also, I'm proud to tell you that so far this winter, I have shot and killed a total of SIXTEEN HOSP and even two STARLINGS! The HOSP are getting a jump at my other site, but here at home, they're under close targeting!

Sorry for telling all my stories and rambling. I'm just a young gun who loves his Bluebirds and I kinda hate winter so these things really liven me.

Hope everyone sees their favorite blue-feathered friends soon!

Tim

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths